Saturday, April 4, 2009

WHY I BECAME A VEGETARIAN


I am 58. I have been eating meat for probably 56 years. I became a vegetarian shortly after joining PETA as an animal activist about 10 months ago.

When I first joined PETA (See sites I support) I watched undercover videos of gross cruelty to animals and especially poultry. After watching a different video each day for about a week. I felt a deep shame!

I am not a hypocrite. I made a personal choice to never eat meat again. I do not condemn people that eat meat. I just ask one commitment from them-

Take responsibility for what you eat!



  1. I challenge you to watch one PETA undercover video of cruelty to farm animals (See the PETA section on YOU TUBE). One each day for a week. HOW DO YOU FEEL?

  2. If you still want to eat meat, you have a choice. Buy certified organic meat , at least the animal you are devouring had some kind of a normal life, before it was killed. Yeah! it costs more but that is the cost of giving respect to your dinner.

  3. Poultry. Supermarket and fast food chain chicken is pumped full of female hormones(See PETA video). It is no wonder the western world population is becoming obese! They are eating poultry that is full of Female hormones! Not to mention antibiotics, which destroy your immune systems.

  4. When you buy caged eggs, because you are a tight arse and want to save a couple of bucks. Think of the suffering that chicken went through to give you breakfast. Not to mention caged eggs are inferior in nutrition and quality and pumped full of nasties. Buy certified free range eggs and sleep better at night.

  5. The power is with the people if you demand humane practices for farm animals then that's what you will get.

PLEASE TAKE RESPONSIBILTY FOR WHAT YOU EAT!


CHECK THIS OUT http://www.mccruelty.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment